SLT has become widespread for GMC in the area of modern Sports Utility Vehicles or General Motor Company trucks. But do we know what does slt stand for GMC? Generally, understanding all the inside parts and features of trucks or cars is quite difficult. Hopefully, this content will let you know about what is SLT and why we choose this for our driving and road trips.
In general, SLT means “Special Luxury Trim,” and it’s featured on GMC trucks, SUVs, and Dodge trucks. Actually, SLT is a trim package between Denali and the base SLE and has several outstanding attributes such as a conventional V8,10 speed automated transmission, larger wheels, and more.
However, if you prefer to have the latest terrain, SLT trims will fulfill the customer’s luxury need without even asking for a price like Denali. Further checking will uncover more information about GMC and SLT.
- 1 What Does SLT Stand For GMC?
- 2 What Is The Meaning Of SLT?
- 3 What Does GMC Stand For?
- 4 Available Trucks With SLT
- 5 11 Notable Features of SLT Trim
- 6 What GMC Trucks Come With SLT?
- 7 What Does SLT Package Include?
- 8 What Does GMC SLT Premium Package Include?
- 9 Similarity and Dissimilarity Between GMC SLT and GMC SLE
- 10 Differences in Specific Models for the GMC SLE and SLT
- 11 How do I know if I have an SLE or SLT?
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions
- 13 Final Words
What Does SLT Stand For GMC?
As previously stated, GMC vehicles with improved luxury features are designated as SLT or Special Luxury Touring. GMC provides 3 trim options, including the SLT, SLE, and Denali models, with sales reaching six million units in 2021. As a result, you can be more selective while driving. However, let’s introduce SLT now.
What Is The Meaning Of SLT?
GMC SLT is a trim option with some great features for the driver while on the roadway. Whether it’s an SUV or a GMC, SLT trims are level up than the SLE or Standard Base Model Trims. Most users choose this trim because it’s appropriate for long drives and is more efficient and reliable.
What Does GMC Stand For?
GMC stands for General Motor Company, also known as General Motors’ truck and SUV department. This manufacturer gained recognition for its truck-focused selection of automobiles, and it now also offers vans and SUVs in addition to trucks that we call pick-up.
Available Trucks With SLT
Not every truck has SLT benefits so let us know what models have included the SLT.
- GMC Sierra
- Dodge Ram
- Ford F-150
- Chevy Silverado
- Toyota Tundra
- Nissan Titan
11 Notable Features of SLT Trim
The GMC SLT has some amazing benefits that we really appreciate. Among them, the notable features are:
- The steering wheel is heated, similar to BMW’s cold weather package.
- Seats made of genuine leather.
- Heated front seats.
- The remote start functionality.
- High-end audio system.
- Power sunshade.
- Temperature controls in 2 zones.
- Pedals with changeable ability.
- Back parking support.
- The navigation system.
- Wireless charging.
Aside from these, the GMC SLT has more advantages, which will be detailed further below.
What GMC Trucks Come With SLT?
GMC truck series includes the SLT but you should know the model name. Therefore, let us clarify what models offer SLT trim.
- GMC Acadia
- GMC Yukon
- GMC Terrain
- Sierra 1500
- Sierra 2500HD
- Sierra 3500HD
- Dodge Ram 1500
- Dodge Ram 2500
Also Read: How To Disable Alarm On Dodge Ram
What Does SLT Package Include?
We already mentioned what are the features SLT has. Still, don’t get confused about the package since different models have different attributes.
- Convenient Package or Premium Package
- Wi-Fi connection with 4g networks
- Remote motor start
- Satellite communication
- Increased audio system
- Electrical mirror with foldable ability and indicator
- Bucket chairs with a console
- Front seats with ventilation
- Wireless Charging System with USB ports
- Dynamic rake or telescoping steering column
- Data connections are positioned inside the armrest
- Driver Alert System
- LED lighting technology
- Differential Lock
- Wipers with Rain Sensing.
What Does GMC SLT Premium Package Include?
The premium package has some premium quality features with the common package of SLT. Check below to know whether you are gonna have a conventional one or a premium one.
- Superior trailering technology.
- Wheel in 20″ brushed aluminum.
- Chrome instruction meeting system.
- Apart from LPO wheels, no substitutes are authorized.
As an example, if it’s about the GMC Sierra model, you will get:
- Sliding back windows with defogger
- Covering for the back wheelhouse
- A spray-on bed liner
- Mirror shades in black
- Front seats in black leather
- Traction control management
- Hitch View offers hitch assistance
- Floor liners that are weatherproof.
Similarity and Dissimilarity Between GMC SLT and GMC SLE
We often get confused between GMC SLT and SLE since they have so many matchings in the case of features they have. Anyway, let’s have a look at the facts that make them the same as well as separate.
Similarities Between GMC SLT and GMC SLE
Let’s check out the connection between GMC SLT and SLE that says they are similar.
- Two very different models but both have leather steering wheels.
- Both included tail lamps and C-shaped light-like LED with high-intensity lamps.
- The SLE and SLT Terrain trims distribute identical GMC refined grille styles.
- They included GMC Pro Security, Connected Navigation, GMC Attached Access, 4G LTE WIFI, a sound system with 6 speakers, and Amazon Alexa as well.
- Their front seatback lets someone pull things up to 8 feet in length.
- They also invented a functionality for smartphone owners with Android Auto and perhaps Apple Car Play to explore with the smart security add-ons.
- The releasing levers allow the 60/40 split flat-folding back seat modification.
- Additionally, the SLT or SLE is always either a front-drive (FWD) or all-wheel drive (AWD).
Dissimilarity Between SLT GMC and SLE GMC
Now, it’s time to discover what distinguishes both the GMC Special Luxury Touring and Edition. Let’s explore!
- The SLE seats are made in quality leather, whereas the SLT seats have vented leather.
- SLT typically comes with conventional heated seats and dual-zone environment controls, whereas SLE trim is optional.
- The SLT has an 8″ infotainment display, while SLE has a 7″ screen.
- In contrast to the SLE package’s lower 17″ silver wheels, the GMC SLT Terrain features large 18″ aluminum wheels.
- A 2.0L turbo 4-cylinder motor is available for the SLT.
- The SLE versions lack a hands-free system liftgate plus the conventional fog lamps, but the SLT option included all of these.
- SLT has a front passenger seat with 6-way adjustment and an 8-way driver seat, SLE has luxury as well as 4-way front seats.
RELATED: Best seat covers for GMC Sierra
Differences in Specific Models for the GMC SLE and SLT
Different models should have different features and it’s quite normal. For the car riders’ convenience, we have a more specific distinguishing chart according to the particular model of GMC.
- The 2.0 Litre turbo engine inside the SLT or SLE level of trim, where the SLT can be modified to a 3.6 Litre V6, delivers 258 lb/ft of power.
- Acadia SLT comes standard with an HD surrounding view, heated back seats, as well as a heads-up screen. Whereas none of these characteristics exist in SLE.
- With a package like towing when SLT, the Acadia can draw up to 4000 pounds, whereas the SLE has a max payload capacity of 3500 pounds.
- SLT features a programmed liftgate, fog lights, and heated mirrors with indicators. Considering SLE doesn’t have liftgate and fog lights.
- While SLE offers optional, heated front plus rear seats are available in SLT.
- SLT has additional choices for passenger and driver seating settings than SLE.
- Additional safety technologies, driver-assist systems, and certain internal modifications are all included in the 2021 Yukon SLT trim but found lacking in SLE.
- The HD Surround View, Professional Safety Plus, heated or even vented front seats, and second-row outboard seats are all featured on the Yukon SLT but not on the SLE.
- The SLT can choose to add navigation, however, the SLE cannot.
- Compared to the SLE, the SLT features many more including leather seats, illuminated logos, and chrome door frames.
RELATED: Best seat covers for GMC Yukon
GMC Sierra 1500
- The 5.3 Litre V8 EcoTec3 motor or engine used in the SLT edition has the possibility to be downgraded and modified to a 3.0 Litre I6 or to a 6.2 Litre V8 EcoTec3 engine. SLE, on the other hand, comes standard with a 2.7L turbocharged engine and offers an optional 3.0L I6 Duramax Turbo-Diesel.
- The ProGrade Trailering Technology and integral trailer brake system are conventional on the SLT, which offers you HD surrounds vision, wherein the SLE cannot offer.
- The SLT has a 7,100-pound GVWR, compared to the SLE’s 7,000-pound normal GVWR.
GMC Sierra 2500HD
- We found 2023 Sierra 2500HD SLE has 3 seaters whereas SLT has 6 seaters.
- If you check the 2022 GMC Sierra model, only SLE trim level is capable of featuring a 10-speed transmission with integrated energy take-off.
- SLE’s maximum acceptable Gross vehicle weight rating is 10,150 lbs, compared to the SLT’s 10,350 lbs.
- The Prograde Trailering Technology and HD Back Sight Camera are included on the SLT, while these are options for the SLE package only.
- SLT has HD Surround Vision, whereas SLE does not.
- Unfortunately, SLT trim comes with standard Digital Variable Steering Help, whereas SLE lacks this feature as well.
- Or, you might find some dissimilarities in the seat room.
GMC Sierra 3500HD
- The Prograde Trailering Package with Hitch Guiding is provided to SLT users whereas SLE includes an optional trailering pack.
- Only versions with SLE have the ability to switch to a 10-speed auto transmission; where models with SLT cannot do the job.
- The standard maximum Gross vehicle weight for the SLE and SLT is 11,350 lbs and can be increased to a maximum of 12,100 lbs.
- Conventional on the SLT and available on the SLE is the Autotrac 2-speed transferring case.
- In contrast to SLE, the SLT offers HD Surround View as a separate option.
SLT VS SLE For GMC Chart
We have made a chart so that you can identify what are the benefits you will get if you have SLT or SLE Trim for your GMC.
|Normal Engine||5.3L V8||2.7L I4|
|Automatic Transmission||8-speed (2WD) and 10-Speed (4WD)||8-speed|
|Options of Engine||Came From Base and SLE||3.0L Diesel I6|
|Options of Transmission||No||Ten-speed|
|Wheels Size||18-inches machined aluminum||17 inches with six spokes|
|Sound System||Superior HD System||Sirius XM|
|Back Vision Camera||HD||Yes|
|Package of Snow Plow Prep||No||No|
|Package of Trailering||Conventional||Optional|
|GMC Package of Protection||Optional||Optional|
|Package of X31 Off-Road||Optional||Optional|
|Other Distinct Features||Package of Texas and Texas Plus||Heated Front Seat, Leather steering wheel, and remote start|
How do I know if I have an SLE or SLT?
You’ll be able to tell whether a car is an SLT or SLE by its interior, exterior, and features. However, we have found some specific facts that help to identify the trim you have.
- Typically, SLT seats have perforated leather, whereas SLE seats are constructed of expensive fabrics.
- Checking the back side and noticing SLE or SLT badge.
- You also have SLE if your steering wheel controls aren’t factory-installed.
- For SLE, there is an opportunity to update Bose.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the GMC SLT or SLE preferable?
Compared to SLE, GMC SLT offers a lot more comfortable features. The GMC SLT’s interior was updated in 2021 and included a perforated genuine leather seat, a heated steering wheel, interior lighting, a 6-way front seat, and an 8-way driver’s seat. Where SLE recently added luxury clothing and a 4-way front seat in the manual.
2. What does SLT stand for on GMC Acadia?
If you prefer to have comfortable access, GMC Acadia SLT offers a power-programmed liftgate. In general, it has two trim levels: SLT and SLE. where you can update the regular 2.0L engine to a 3.6L V6 engine.
3. How long does a GMC Yukon Denali last?
According to industry experts, proper maintenance will extend the lifespan of your GMC Yukon to between 250,000 and 300,000 miles. If you are lucky, there is a possibility that you will hit 400,000 miles. However, based on the US city’s mileage, it will last for about 13.5 years.
4. What is the difference between Denali and SLT?
SLT is considered a trim level that sits between both the base SLE and Denali. On the other end, Denali is GMC’s top trim level for the Acadia, Sierra, Yukon, Terrain, and Canyon. They are designed to produce completely different outcomes.
Luckily, you’ve entered the right blog that has included complete knowledge on “what does SLT stand for GMC.” It’s because we have tried to reveal all the notable features that SLT GMC included such as heated wheels and front seats, leather seats, a premium sound system, a temperature control system, adjustable capacity, navigation technology, and more.
Since SLE have another level of popularity, we have taken the SLE trim to uncover how it seems to act while comparing it to Finest SLT. However, now you can decide which truck has SLT and we loved GMC Yukon, Acadia, and Terrain the most. Ensure your one by checking the features!
Hello, this is Wesley Shelton, currently working in a car restoration company for over 5 years. Before that, I was a worker at a small car repair shop. As I was a car freak from a young age and worked as a professional for over half a decade, I think I now know pretty much everything about every car and its parts. To establish my name as a professional and help others by sharing my knowledge, I’ve created this website, which I work on whenever I get free time. I hope you’ve enjoyed my informative blog!